With metal carports becoming more affordable, they are being used in a variety of ways.
From reading buyer reviews they are the ideal solution for:
parties, weddings, boat storage, atvs, snowmobiles, or seasonal car storage
Buyers love that carports are super resilient in any type of weather. Most are designed with hardened steel frames for high winds and waterproof, corrosion resistant – no mold, no rips.
Like an outdoor storage shed, a carport canopy can withstand tough weather.
crazy winds, extreme rain, humid summers, heavy snow, etc
Because there are so many options available, here is my list of the best metal carport units.
Prices on my list range, $349 – $1,199.
Table of Contents
Best Metal Carport Canopy Review
This ShelterLogic Garage-In-A-Box is a heavy duty carport canopy.
Designed with a solid steel frame and powder coat finish for weather durability — it is resistant to rust and corrosion.
Measures: 12 x 20 ft.
Weight: 179 pounds
For insulation it includes a rip-stop cover which is waterproof and is UV treated. It won’t deteriorate in the sun and helps prevent the build-up of fungi and mold.
Buyers love it’s thick steel frame — they say it’s able to protect against strong wind velocity and rainstorms.
UV treated to ensure that long exposure to sunlight won’t deteriorate.
It’s expensive, but perhaps the best available for larger vehicles (including lawn mower storage, trailers, and snow mobiles).
ShelterLogic ShelterTube Review
- 1-5/8 in. / 3, 1 cm all-steel frame, Bonded with THERMOSET premium powder-coated finish prevents chipping, peeling, rust and corrosion
- Advanced engineered triple-layer rip stop polyethylene cover is waterproof, UV-treated inside and out with added fade blockers, anti-aging, antifungal agents resulting in a fabric cover that withstands the elements
- Patented alpine design frame with bolt-together hardware at every frame connection makes this GIB easy to assemble and ultra sturdy
- Reinforced door rafter design offers a bigger, stronger alpine frame with reinforced roof structure adds more volume and overall strength. Door / Entrance Width Bottom-150 inch. Door / Entrance Height Outside-95.64 inch. Door Opening Width Top-107.7 inch
- Patented SHELTERLOCK stabilizers ensure rock solid stability, delivers a stable, more durable shelter
The structure of this tube storage shelter includes heavy-duty 15-gauge steel.
It’s constructed using industrial-grade steel making it super durable — built for strong winds and terrible weather.
Moreover, they’ve implemented a DuPont powder coat finish over the top. This helps to prevent any corrosion and rust from accumulating over time.
Unit Weight: 640 pounds
Metal Frame: heavy duty steel
Due to how strong the frame is, you can feel confident in knowing that your car’s safe inside during the harshest weather. It can handle wind speeds of up to 80 mph!
Users have also been impressed at how it stays strong during heavy snowfall too.
In order for the fabric and frame to fit well together, a square tube sliding cross rail mechanism has been used.
Design ensures that the cover is bonded to the frame tightly – it will take some very strong winds to rip the cover off this one!
ShelterLogic Round Top Review
- Made of all steel DuPont thermoset baked on powder coated finish which resists rust and corrosion
- ShelterLogic's patent pending ShelterLock stabilizer block at every rib connection adds rock solid strength and stability to frame
- Bolt together hardware at every connection point ensures maximum strength and durability; ShelterLogic's ratchet Tite tension system and easy-glide sliding cross rails keep the cover smooth and taught
- Advanced engineered, commercial grade polyethylene woven fabric is UV treated inside and out to stand up to the elements.Maximum Roof Load:40
- Universal foot plates for easy and solid connection to ground anchors, cement or pony walls
The ShelterLogic Round Top has a solid steel frame for durability
It is incredibly strong and durable to withstand any weather – rainy, strong winds, winter and prolonged exposure to sunlight.
Dimensions: 12 x 24 x 8 feet
Metal Frame: Powder Coated Steel
Includes DuPont thermosetting powder coating over steel frame. This prevents the accumulation of rust and corrosion. As a result, this increases the longevity of the shelter.
It is paired with a plastic coating that helps completely cover your car.
Shelterlock stabilizers are included as well. They ensure that all rib connectors stay together, even when very windy or in severe storms.
ShelterLogic Garage Shelter
No products found.
The ShelterLogic Garage Shelter is best suited for taller vehicles such as truck or boats – large door opening was created for this purpose.
Carport cover uses three layers. This makes it unlikely to tear, even in the harshest weather – great for fall weather!
Dimensions: 13 x 20 x 12 feet
Metal Frame: Steel
It is also waterproof and UV treated. This ensures that it can withstand any damage caused by the weather. We also like its resistance to fungi.
Thick steel frames are used to construct the structure. The entire frame is coated with a layer of thermosetting powder. It prevents any rust and corrosion, as well as minor damage.
ShelterLock stabilizers help keep the entire structure stable in windy weather.
Buyers also confirm that the ShelterLogic Garage Shelter is easy to install.
ShelterLogic AutoShelter Carport
- DURABLE FRAME: Made from an all-steel metal 10 x 20 x 8-feet frame that is 1-3/8 inches thick, providing strength and stability
- MADE TO LAST: Bonded with a premium powder-coated finish that prevents chipping, peeling, rust, and corrosion
- WATERPROOF COVERAGE: Sandstone cover is durable and made from an advanced triple-layer ripstop that is waterproof and UV-treated to resist fading
- SHELTERLOCK: Patented ShelterLock stabilizers ensure rock solid stability that delivers a stable, more durable shelter
- RATCHET-TITE Cover tensioning system ensures a drum tight cover that keeps it tight and neat looking
ShelterLogic Autoshelter is made from ultra-durable polyethylene that protects against rain and wind.
As a durable model, it is completely waterproof and UV-treated, making it ideal for summer use.
Dimensions: 10 x 15 x 8 feet
Metal Frame: Steel
We like how it was created with a three-tier design. This makes it more powerful and less likely to tear – buyers also noticed its resistance to accumulated fungi over time.
The steel metal frame makes it extremely durable in any type of weather. A layer of thermosetting powder is applied to the top to prevent corrosion and rust.
With the ShelterLock stabilizer, you can further ensure that your vehicle is safe in the garage.
No matter how bad the weather, the ShelterLogic stabilizing system ensures that the entire structure is able to withstand harsh winds.
Abba Patio Heavy Duty Carport
- Made with polyethylene top cover, UV-resistant, Water-resistant, protecting your car against wind, rain and snow
- Two detachable zipper doors can be easily removed for open air exhibits
- Heavy duty 1-1/2-inch diameter white powder coated steel frame resists chipping, peeling, rust and corrosion and provides increased stability
- Foot pads are installed to the canopy legs for added stability and easy access to secure anchor points
- Heavy-duty bungees cord tightly secure the tarp cover to the frame. Easy to set up, fully collapsible for easy transport and storage, all hardware for assembly and instructions included
Abba Patio Carport is designed with a polyethylene coating.
Completely waterproof and resistant to sun damage it is ideal in any type of weather, from heavy rain to snow and winds.
Dimensions: 10 x 20 feet
Metal Frame: Steel
All in all, this is a great choice for people living in areas with high annual precipitation.
The carport metal frame is made of heavy-duty powder-coated steel materials. This coating prevents chips and rust or corrosion.
Read our review on Garage Door Openers.
If you need to take a canopy with you somewhere or you want to store it away for a season, the Abba Patio Carport is easy to take down and set up again. Buyers say that it is the best metal carport for portability.
Lots of positive customer reviews.
Ikuby Carport Reviews
- Super Sturdy structure, carport weight 210 lbs.
- Durable 600 D oxford fabric with PU coating, waterproof!
- Nice Shell Look Design, Easy to open and close.
- Quick and flexible installation. Each pipe with number mark, easy to identify and install.
- Protect your valued car from sunlight, rainy and frost, UV resistant, waterproof, rustproof, windproof, dustproof, hail protection, and prevent human injury (scratch)
Ikuby portable carport is effective at withstanding UV rays, rain, wind, dust, hail, rust, and snow.
One of the best outdoor carport canopy models for tough climates and long winters.
Users have been appreciating the folding feature that comes with it. This enables you to store it away easier when it’s not being used. It’s also handy for situations where you need to travel.
The frame consists of steel materials which are heavy-duty and very durable. They’ve used a powdered coating to prevent rust and corrosion.
Users are also liking how very easy it is to set up. All the pipes are marked with numbers which you can refer to in the instruction manual for easy assembly.
- Dimensions: 19 x 8.5 x 7 feet
- Weight: 170 pounds
- Metal Frame: Steel
- Ideal for regular-sized cars
- Folding feature
- Easy assembly
- Some find the price is a little expensive
Now that you know more about what some of the best carports have to offer, you can sure find the one that suits you the best.
Use our review above to speed up the process!