There are several options for the best jazz bass guitar to fit your style and preferences. So today, we will be looking at what we believe are the best Jazz bass guitars money can buy – and no, we will NOT ONLY utilize the Fender Jazz bass. Still, we will also consider alternatives from Fender, Ibanez, Eastcoast, and others. Whether you’re a Sting lover, a Marcus Miller fan, a Tal Wilkenfeld fan, or a Jaco Pastorius pupil, you’ll discover a bass guitar here that will help you acquire the sound you desire.
OUR TOP PICKS
Best Overall: Fender Player Jazz Electric Bass Guitar
- Guitar Bridge System: Hardtail Bridge
The Fender Player Jazz Electric Bass Guitar – Pau Ferro Fingerboard – Polat White is a high-quality Jazz bass from the Fender Player range. This series makes some of Fender’s most famous instruments more accessible to most players. There’s nothing like the ageless guttural growl and singing the high end of a Jazz Bass emanating from a clean, punchy, and powerful-sounding pair of Fender Standard single-coil Jazz Bass pickups in more than a half-century of Fender and contemporary music history.
Best Guitar Bridge: Ibanez SR370EF 4-String Fretless Electric
- Maple body SR4 5-piece maple/rosewood neck Rosewood fretboard with white dot inlay Fretless Accu-cast B120 bridge PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ with 3 way Power Tap switch Cosmo black hardware Case sold separately BBT (Brown Burst) finish
- For 25 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative
- Embraced by bassists over the decades, the iconic series continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics
- The SR370E is a handsome 4-string bass designed for the experienced player
- The bass starts with an immaculately finished maple body
The Ibanez SR370EF 4-String Fretless Electric Bass Brown Burst is a powerful instrument and one of the top fretless bass guitars on the market. This Ibanez bass boasts exceptional tone and a fantastic price-quality ratio. The bass begins with a beautifully polished maple body. A robust 5-piece maple/rosewood SR4 neck, a rosewood fretboard, and an Accu-cast B120 bridge for enhanced string vibration transmission and perfect intonation round out the features.
Best Design: Squier 0374531500 Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass
- 100% Designed by Fender
- Inspired by 1960s-era Jazz Bass models
- Fender-Designed alnico pickups
- Vintage-tint gloss neck finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
Squier 0374531500 Classic Vibe 60s Jazz Bass Fretless, Laurel Fingerboard, 3 Col is a low-cost fretless bass guitar ideal for beginning fretless bass players. This bass is comfortable and simple to play, with quick action and a deep, powerful tone. The Squier brand is well-known for its affordable instruments and excellent price-quality ratio. This brand is often discovered in the hands of newcomers and students.
Best Light-weight Body: Ibanez 5 String Bass Guitar, Right
- Fast, slim Maple neck
- Compact, light-weight Body
- Ppd5 pickup
- The Package Dimensions of the Product is 8.5"H x 51"L x 21"W
Ibanez 5 String Bass Guitar, Right, Mahogany Oil (GR105EXMOL) is a comfortable and reasonably priced 5-string bass guitar. This model is, without a doubt, one of the most economical 5-string guitars on the market. Despite its low price, this bass guitar provides outstanding sound quality and design levels for any novice to appreciate. Ibanez Sound’s bass gear line has provided bass players with a contemporary option for over 30 years.
Best Basswood Body: Sterling by Music Man StingRay Ray4
- Iconic StingRay bass in Black finish with Black Pickguard
- Basswood Body with Maple neck and Fretboard
- Equipped with a Sterling by music Man designed Ceramic pickup and 2-band Active preamp: volume, Treble, bass
- All Sterling by Music Man instruments receive final set-up and inspection in the USA
The Sterling by Music Man StingRay Ray4 Bass Guitar in Black is a high-quality bass guitar that is currently reasonably priced. This Music Man bass guitar is regarded as one of the greatest bass guitars on the market, with high-grade sound quality and a stunning design. What could be better for your Jazz band than a famous Music Man? This model will provide superb sound and comfort for every player, regardless of skill level. Bringing Ernie Ball Music Man’s famous, timeless instrument designs in high quality but inexpensive construction for musicians of all levels, from the first-time buyer to the seasoned performer.
Where Are The Best Bass Guitars For Jazz Made?
The majority of the world’s greatest jazz bass guitars are built in the United States, where the special senses of this music are properly recognized and appreciated.
What Is The Best Sounding Bass Guitar For Jazz?
I like Music Man bass guitars. However, it’s generally known that Fender Jazz bass guitars are excellent for this musical style.
Where To Buy Bass Guitars For Jazz?
Many music shops and internet sellers sell nice jazz bass guitars these days; let’s look at some of them more closely.
Some bass guitars, such as fretless models, may need greater competence since you will need a near-perfect hearing to play with another artist. Let’s take a look at each entry level. A short-scale and lightweight bass guitar are ideal for a novice, as it will provide essential comfort for many hours of practice.