Have you ever attempted to launch an outdoor gathering but then got disturbed by those disgusting ants prying into your food? Have you ever been in thirst and ready to pay any price for just one proper treatment that could help you get over a nightmare called “Ants”? Or have you ever left abandoned your favourite space for years just so you do not have to face this tiny creature? If you have ever been in one of these situations, keep reading our review for the best treatment for ants in yard.
In fact, it is nearly impossible to have a backyard that does not crawl with ants, especially in warm weather. If there is an ant infestation happening in your yard, I bet it would be a relief for you to find out a solution that helps to remove them quickly.
On that account, check out this selection of 15 treatments for ants in yard to put an end to ant problems.
Best Treatment For Ants in Yard Comparison 2021
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Treatment For Ants in Yard, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Kill all listed bugs, including ants, ticks, sod webworms, fleas & spiders, with Ortho BugClear Lawn Insect Killer
- Use on lawns, around a home's perimeter, and on ornamentals, in vegetable gardens (on listed vegetables) & flower beds
- Ortho Fire Ant Killer Broadcast Granules target and kill fly-in queens to prevent new mounds from forming for 6 months of outdoor fire ant protection
- FAST ACTING: This outdoor fire ant killer will kill fire ant mounds in 15 minutes so you can get back to enjoying your lawn
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- INSECT KILLER: Kills listed surface insects including grubs, ants, ticks and more in 24 hours
- 3 MONTH PROTECTION: Kills listed soil insects for up to 3 months
- Up to 12 month protection (against ants, roaches and spiders indoors on nonporous surfaces)
- Kills all common listed household bugs (refer to product label for complete list of insects)
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Kills adult fleas, ticks and mosquitoes along with 60+ insects.
- LONG LASTING: Up to 4 weeks control.
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- INSECT KILLER: Kills listed surface insects including grubs, ants, ticks and more in 24 hours
- 3 MONTH PROTECTION: Kills listed soil insects for up to 3 months
Top 15 Best Treatment For Ants in Yard Reviews 2021
Raid Ant Killer Baits
- Kills the colony
- Kills ants for 3 months
This serves as an ant bait that stored in 4 different trays and is considered as the best treatment for ants in yard by many customers. In fact, this is a time-saving tool since it allows users to eradicate the whole ant colonies without even spotting them. All you need to do is to place 4 trays with the baits around your garden. Use more trays if necessary and the product will do the rest of the work.
There are a lot of products that require you to have close contacts with ants by yourself, poisoning them with your own hand – which sometimes causes desolation. However, this product has several improvements that allow you to let your hair down.
The treatment will attract ants around the yard from deepest places, fool them that it is tasty food and then poison them slowly after they bring the baits to their nest. Clear results are spotted within only 48 hours since a large amount of ants disappear after using this product and this effectiveness seems to last for months. It also works with most common ants in yards.
The best thing that is worth mentioning about this ant treatment is you do not have to come close to the ants to kill them. It will effortlessly attract all the ants in your garden and just let them enjoy the last party in their life.
Since the manufacturer has warned that the formula of this best treatment for ants in yard can cause skin and eye irritation as well as do harm to your kids and pets, the 4 stations have already been designed to be fully covered. This somehow ensures your children and pets’ safety.
- Kill most of common ants
- Result spotted within 48 hours
- User-friendly design
- Effectiveness lasts up for 3 months
HARRIS Borax Liquid Ant Killer
- 9 Bait Stations Per Pack – Spread bait stations over a large area for maximum effectiveness. Ants will seek out the sweet liquid bait and bring it back to the colony
- Kills All Common Household Ants – Harris bait is intended for sweet eating ants, or sugar ants. These include Acrobat ants, Argentine ants, Little black ants, Pavement ants, and many others
This product serves as an ant bait that has liquid formula. It contains a tube of sweet liquid bait used for attracting all the ants and 9 stations to put on the liquid.
This Harris Borax Ant Killer works pretty similar to Raid Ant Baits, with the same method and the same time that the results witnessed. However, this ants killer is registered with the environmental protection agency, which means that it has no harm to your atmosphere.
The only thing that should be improved in this product is the 9 kits that used to put the baits on. They are made from pretty small and light paper so you need some tapes to keep it in a certain place. In addition, something must be done in order to prevent the pets and children from accidently having close contact with this toxic liquid since it is not fully covered.
- Kills all common Household ants
- Has EPA Registered
- Work in large area with a few drops
- Kills the queen and the whole colony
- The packaging is not user-friendly
Combat Max Ant Killing Gel Bait Station
- Kills in 24 hours
- Tri-sugar formula
Another 4-tray gel bait should be taken into account. It is also capable of killing the whole ant nests by attracting them, feeding them with the poison and then eradicating the colonies. This is perceived as a time-saving and effortless product as you do not have to spot ant nests to kill them. Moreover, compared with other best treatment for ants in yard that only kill on contact, this killer is way more effective since you just need to place it in a certain place and results are spotted within 24 hours only.
Some people have reported that the gel is quite a thick formula that it is pretty hard to drip down the tray and make it hard to use. However, this somehow is considered as a benefit since its thickness will not leave a great mess after use, compared to powder formula or grains. The disadvantage of this best treatment for ants in yard is it does not apply for some kinds of common ants, namely: fire ants, carpenters,…
- Be able to kill the whole nest
- Quickly attracts ants and take only two weeks to eradicate the colony
- Effectiveness lasts up for more than 2 months
- Only works with a few kinds of common ants
Home Plus Ant Killer
- Ant baits that kill the queen & the colony within 24 hours: If you're in need of home ant traps outdoor or indoor, don't just choose an ant pesticide that just kills the ants outside their colony. Our ant removal system targets their whole colony, even the queen. The attracted worker and food-providing ants go inside the metal ant trap to feed on the baits. Then, they head back to their colony and contaminate the entire nest. Our ant killer traps starts poisoning ants in the nest within 24 hours
- The only ant bait traps that use food attractants: Unlike most poison for ants and pest control products that only kill ants on the spot, our outdoor & indoor ant killer attracts more so it could kill more. And apart from Abamectin, a widely used insecticide, our ant bait killer uses 4 food attractants so that it could help kill the entire ant colony and the queen. This is simply one of the best ant traps you could find in the market
This is also an ant killer that works by poisoning the whole nest just like the other three best treatment for ants in yard. However, there are some reports that say this kind of bait needs more time to see clear results, compared to the others.
One thing that gives this treatment an advantage over ones that are listed above is the packaging. It is made from metal so it protects the bait inside from other indicators and is more enduring with time.
- Save time and effort just by placing this in certain area
- Capable of eradicating the whole ant colony
- Take time to see the result in a large area
TERRO T300B Liquid Ant Killer
- 12 bait stations included
- Kills all common household ants
Ant baits seem to be pretty highly-recommended since most ant bait products are claimed as the best treatment for ants in yard. This product from TERRO also works with the same method as the others. However, this provides customers 12 bait stations which can be useful for broad-spectrum use. The brilliant design also fully-covered the bait, preventing it from drying out and keeping it away from kids and pets.
However, this bait is not as strong as other products because some say that it takes time to fully eradicate the ant colonies. Besides, this killing effectiveness does not last long so you must use this quite regularly.
- Large number of bait stations
- Brilliant design that prevents the bait from drying out
- Kill all common household ants
- Takes time to fully eradicate the ant colonies
- Effectiveness doesn’t last long
Combat Indoor and Outdoor Ant Killing Gel
- Easy to use
- Child resistant
This syringe-shaped gel ant killer functions as a powerful attractant that is able to swipe out the ants in your yard within 3-5 days. It can be directly used after open which is a true convenience. You put this gel near ant nests or trails and it will attract the ants to digest this sweet poison as well as bring it home, eradicating the whole colonies.
However, this product somehow takes lots of effort since you have to squeeze killing gel around your garden in order to achieve the best results. In addition, Combat ant treatment does not serve as a deterrent. Ants will come back if you do not reapply this gel frequently. There is also a thing that should be considered is this small tube runs out pretty fast if used outdoors.
- Served as a powerful attractant
- Quick and directly usage
- Swipe out ants in your yard within 3 – 5 days
- Take lots of time and effort using outside
- Does not served as a deterrent
- Run out fast
BioAdvanced 700310A Carpenter Ant and Termite Killer Plus
- Kills carpenter bees, ants, fleas, ticks, crickets, spiders, flies
- Protects against wood-damaging and home-invading insects
Different from the products above, this BioAdvanced Ant Killer has liquid formula and can be mixed with water to cover all of your garden. Thanks to this, you can achieve a broad-spectrum outdoor effect without having to place each bait tray around your huge yard. It keeps its effectiveness lasts up for 2 months so it is quite economical.
In contrast, this product does not come along with a suitable sprayer so you will need to spend time and money to find one. Also, the manufacturer has warned that this liquid treatment might badly affect your grass, vegetables so you should be careful when using this.
- Can be mixed with water for broad-spectrum outdoor use
- Effectiveness lasts up for 2 months
- Need to have a suitable sprayer to use this product
- Badly affect grass
Advance 375a Select Granular Ant Bait
- Uses food attractant ants love
- Works on wide range of ant species
This is also listed as best treatment for ants in yard but in another form. It uses food attractants in the form of granules or grains to contaminate the ants. You take out the grains from the bottle and spread this around your yard to destroy the whole ant nests, even the Queen. Outstanding strengths are: Weather resistant that it can not be washed away by the rain, it leaves no stain or residue and the results are spotted within 24 hours.
But everything has weaknesses and this product is no exception. It only works well with a small range of ants in your yard. If there is only one kind of ant in your yard, this treatment can be seen as a wise choice.
- Weather resistant
- Leave no stain after use
- Results spotted in only 24-hours
- Only work with a small range of ants
Safer Brand 5168 Diatomaceous Earth Powder Ant & Crawling Insect Killer
- 7 oz. powder presentation
- Contains diatomaceous earth (77.69%)
If you are an environmental activist and always worry about all the chemicals in ant killers that can do harm to your atmosphere and your loved ones, this powder ant and insect killer will erase that perspective.
This is a form of powder that is made with naturally-derived ingredients. The bottle is well-designed with a pour spout to easily access crevices and cracks. It is claimed to be poison-free, non-toxic and even has OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening. The product’s effectiveness is beyond expectation since it kills common ants and other insects.
Because it is powder so it is easily washed away by the rain. Sometimes it is quite messy to use since it leaves out white powder in your yard. Another thing that worth considering is the treatment only applies for visible ant lines and kills on contact.
- Poison-free and non-toxic formula
- OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening
- Can be used directly after opening
- Kill common ants and other insects
- Quite messy to use cause it leaves white power in your garden
- The powder easily to be flown or washed away by the wind and rain
- Work only with ants lines that has been spotted
Amdro 100099216 Ant Block Granule
Unlike the ant granule that has been mentioned, this one is more effective since it works pretty fast and is able to kill the whole ant colonies. It also applies for most common ants so it is perceived as an indispensable tool in your yard.
Unfortunately, Amdro’s products easily get affected by the weather and also have safety cautions that it might not be safe when used around pets, kids and vegetables.
- Result spotted in one day
- Be able to kill the whole colony
- Kill many common ants
- Easily to be washed by the rain
- Might not be safe when used around vegetables, pets,…
Ortho 275510 Fire Ant Killer
- Kills the queen and destroys the mound
- No watering-in required
Another powder formula ant treatment comes from Ortho – a famous brand. This is perceived as a user-friendly product since you just need to spread the powder around ant moulds and then it will destroy them. Killing lasts up for 6 months and within several hours, you have already seen the result.
Unfortunately, this one is also adversely affected by the weather as you have to apply this before the rain more than 24 hour to keep it effective. It leaves a terrible smell and only works with visible ant moulds.
- Results spotted within hours
- Kill lasts up for 6 months
- User-friendly products
- Unpleasant smell
- Only work with visible ant moulds
- Easily to be flown and washed away by wind and rain
Spectracide 96274 Ant Shield Insect Killer
- HOME BARRIER TREATMENT: For indoor and outdoor use – helps protect your home against invading ants.
- KILLS OVER 20 SPECIES OF ANTS AS LISTED: Apply to ant trails, around doors and windows and wherever else ants may find entrance.
Granules are the top choice after gel bait and this Spectracide Ant Shield gives out the good result in a few days only. It applies to most household common ants so it is definitely worth considering.
Just like other ant killer grains, this one leaves solid cumps when soaked in water and it also does not kill the whole ant colonies. In addition, its design is so heavy that makes it hard to spread the granules.
- Result witnessed in a few days
- Kill household common ants
- Leave solid clumps when soaked in water
- Does not kill the whole colony
- The design makes it hard to spread the granules
Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Cracks & Crevices
- Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer for Cracks & Crevices is a spray foam that spreads deep into hard-to-reach places where bugs can hide, plus it's long-lasting and protects your home indoors and out
- KILLS HOME-INVADING PESTS: Kills those pesky ants, cockroaches, fleas, centipedes, crickets, boxelder bugs, fleas, ticks and other listed insects that like to crawl into your house
Another product comes from Ortho but this time it is a spray foam. Many users report that this product keeps its effectiveness lasts up for many months. Unlike other ant spray, this one is fragrance-free and well-designed that enables the formula to reach to the deepest places such as crevices and cracks.
However, this foam spray unfailingly leaves residues and stain after using cause quite a mess. Moreover, the foam inside easily comes out and overflows which is sometimes annoying.
- Effectiveness Lasts up for many months
- Brilliant design that helps the formula to reach to crevices and cracks
- Leave residue and stain after using
- Products easily to come out and overflow
Hot Shot Ant Killer Plus Aerosol
- KILLS A VARIETY OF ANTS: Kills Argentine, southern, field, Allegheny mound, Florida carpenter, black carpenter, cornfield, honey, pavement and nuisance ants
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Hot Shot Ant Killer Plus aerosol kills on contact and then keeps killing for up to 4 months
This product acts as a water-based spray that kills different kinds of ants with just a few spray. This killing effect also lasts up for many days.
Because of the strong and immediate effect, this treatment has unpleasant smell which is not suitable for having fragrance-tolerance. The design is not user-friendly and the nozzle is easily broken.
- Working with variety of common ants
- Kill entire ant colony in just a few sprays
- Killing lasts up for many days
- Smell strong and unpleasant
- The nozzle easily get broken
- The spray is so strong that it leaves a mess
Ortho Home Defense Ant & Roach Killer with Essential Oils Aerosol
- Safe and strong essential oil formula (Safe to use around kids and pets when used as directed)
- Safe to use around Kids and Pets (When used as directed)
This product functions as an essential oil spray that kills ants with a strong pleasant scent. Unlike other chemically-based products, this one is safe when used around kids and pets as well as leave no stain in your garden.
However, this takes a lot of time and effort since it only kills on contact and works in small places. In addition, the spray is a quick and immediately treatment but it is not a deterrent. You have to keep using this whenever spotting an ant.
- Safe when using around kids and pets
- Pleasant scent
- User-friendly and portable design
- Leave no stain on the wall
- Need to use large amount to see clear result
- Does not function as a deterrent
Which Factors Create The Best Treatment For Ants In Yard?
If you still feel a little bit confused after browsing through the list below, here are some guidelines that enable you to find your pick.
The first and foremost thing should be considered is the capability of the ant treatments. You don’t want to waste your time and money just to afford a remedy that appears to be useless with ants. Since there are numerous kinds of ants that can be placed in your beautiful garden, the perfect treatment for ants in the yard should be able to kill different kinds of common ants that usually cause damage and leave itchy bites.
This is also an important factor that should not be forgotten. Most of the yards have large size in order to plant trees, flowers and to hold parties for family-reunion. It is such a waste of time and effort if you are able to kill tiny ants in your huge garden only on contact. Therefore, an ideal treatment for ants in yard should be capable of reaching those hidden creatures without having to be in close contact.
Fragrance-free and Safety
You surely do not want the strong scent of chemicals filling up in your garden – a place that is meant for fresh air and peace of mind. In addition, this area is also a perfect playground for kids and pets. As a result, unscented ant treatments with high-quality protection are top-priorities if you do not want to see your children or your pets accidentally inhale and swallow these chemically-based products.
In fact, ants is the kind of animal that has strong endurance and is able to thrive in numbers regardless of extreme weather. For that reason, it would be an infinitive war between you and this creature if the ant treatments do not serve as a deterrent. Ant lines will revive relentlessly no matter what so the best thing you can do is to choose a product which stays for months before you reapplying it.
Most-Frequently Asked Question
Is it really safe when resorting to treatment for ants in yard all the time?
Basically, all the ant treatments are chemically-based. Only a small amount of them are made of natural ingredients, however, it is not working as strong as the chemical one. Even though some products have safety claims, you should educate your children and pets to stay away from the area after using ant treatment.
Do I really need to use treatment for ants in my yard?
The answer is yes if your yard crawls with ants and leaves you no space to gather around with your family. However, you can prevent this situation by using natural methods. You should eliminate food sources, food spills promptly and the best way is to put it in the refrigerator after use. This way will prevent the ants from destroying your yard and you do not have to resort to chemical products which cause damage to your health.
What time of year are ants most active?
Ants love warm weather. That is the reason that this creature thrives throughout Spring and Summer. So, Be prepared!
Can I use different treatment for ants in yard to achieve my expectation?
I am sure you can. In fact, there are plenty of Certified Applicators who have suggested that you should make use of each treatment since each one of them has its own pros and cons. In order to know how to use best treatment for ants in yard effectively, take a look at this video made by Keith – a certified Applicator:
Our Top 5 Picks Of The Best Treatment For Ants in Yard
Customers would love this Raid Ant Killer Baits thanks to its capabilities. It is an effortless and time-saving treatment that could deal with your problem within 48 hours. Compared to other treatments, this product is fragrance-free and able to eradicate the whole ant colonies without close contact. You just need to place this bait around your yard and the ant will be poisoned, from the worker to the Queen.
Even though there is a warning about its chemical baits, however, things that truly work must come along with drawbacks. In addition, this drawback is not a big deal since the manufacturer has fully covered the baits to keep it from external factors. All in all, this product is highly-recommend and worth giving it a try.