Tactical boots are some of the best-designed boots when we look at durability and quality and they have also been specially designed to withstand various environments and a lot of punishment, but with so many different types of boots available and different armies around the world believing in various types, it can be hard for the common bystander to make the best choice when heading out to boot camp.
The best tactical boots have various uses, but boot camp is one of the most common uses and we have decided to focus on the combat aspect of the best tactical boots to ensure that you make a decision that will be durable and also allow you to trek in all environments. If your boots will get through the tough boot camps of the world, hiking should not be an issue when it comes to quality.
We have decided to find the find the top 7 tactical boots on the market today and show you how beneficial they could be to your everyday activities and the occasional boot camp, but if you have not found your ideal tactical boot, we have also included a buying guide to help ensure that you do manage to get the best quality and value for your money when searching elsewhere.
Top 7 Best Tactical Boots
Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Men’s Tactical Side-Zip Boots
- SMITH & WESSON - Known for outstanding quality and attention to fine detail. We're proud to introduce a boot that sets a new standard for construction, durability, and price. The Breach 2.0 is built upon years of top caliber manufacturing and industry experience.
- TOUGH - The leather and nylon construction is made to provide full protection without compromising on comfort. A gusseted tongue keeps dirt and debris out.
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY - An EVA Midsole gives lightweight comfort and cradled support, and for added support we used a steel shank. Board-lasted construction creates a torsional rigidity that reduces foot fatigue during long work shifts.
- SLIP RESISTANCE - The rubber outsole is engineered to minimize traction loss with an innovative pattern that grips dirt, waxed surfaces, fences and ladders, and anything the urban jungle can throw at you.
- AFFORDABLE - Breach 2.0 provides high quality construction at a budget-friendly price, giving you the best bang for your buck. No matter your trade, if you require footwear you can count on, the Breach 2.0 works hard like you do to outperform and outlast. Direct Premium Buys donates a portion of the proceeds to Operation First Response, a wounded-warrior charity.
While Smith & Wesson is better known for the guns and the holster they have designed, many people might not even know that they also have their own range of tactical combat boots available.
The Breach 2.0 men’s tactical side-zip boots continue the range of quality products they have available on the market and since it has been constructed from pure grade premium leather, it should come as no surprise that they do excel in terms of durability.
Nylon has also been added to the construction and this does break the harder leather, leaving you with flexible and moldable boots that will sit comfortably around your feet.
The zipper addition is ideal for that perfect fit and it will also keep the feet secure on the inside to ensure that your ankles do not sustain an injury in those miss-steps.
The boots also make use of an incorporated steel shank to make the boot more secure and the EVA midsole will mold to your walking pattern, which means that these boots will be great for all foot types. The rubber outsole has been carefully engineered to provide you with a slip-resistant outsole that will ensure that you cannot slip and fall.
As tactical boot pricing goes, these are also some of the most affordable tactical boots you could find and they are not that expensive. We highly recommend them for the value they provide and the comfort and we also believe that you will be able to get multiple years’ worth of use from them.
- Durable leather and nylon design
- Moldable and flexible
- Moldable inner EVA midsole
- Slip resistant
- Not waterproof
Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tactical Boots
- DWR treated Leather & 900D nylon textile upper
- Polishable toe
- Quick-dry minimalist design
- Anti-odor technology is a superlative innovation which helps prevents odor
- Molded EVA midsole with reinforced TPU shank for protection & support
Under Armour is more commonly known as a sports brand, but the men’s stellar tactical boots certainly elevate their status and put them into the tactical boot leagues. These boots have also been predominantly designed from durable leather materials and the leather has also been DWR treated, which also makes them water resistant.
The upper textile of the boots is constructed from strong 900 Denier nylon and this substantially adds to the durability, while also making the boots more flexible and moldable to your feet. The rubber outsole also has its own track record of being slip resistant and will certainly ensure that you do not slip and fall.
The boot features a mid-cut design and while this might not be ideal for tactical boots, it will definitely allow you to wear them more comfortably. The boot does lack a little in terms of ankle protection, but it does have a very stylish design and will be great for hiking and boot camp.
We highly recommend these boots for hiker looking for more durability, with them, you will certainly rack up the miles walking and the immense durability will be great for saving you a few bucks. The boots are also reasonably priced and they can be worn by almost any feet type with the same amount of comfort available to all.
- Stylish design
- Very durable
- Water resistant
- Slip resistant
- Lacks in terms of ankle support
Maelstrom Men’s Tac Force 8″ Zipper Tactical Boot
- THE TACTICAL ADVANTAGE: Our TAC FORCE 8 Inch The Tactical Combat Boots are ultra-durable and ready to wear on missions. Tactical Boots are shock-absorbing, and comfortable to keep you ready.
- DURABLE PROTECTION: The upper part of these boots uses full-grain leather with nylon fabric for optimal durability and flexibility while the YKK side zippers enable quick and easy on/off.
- 3-SOLE SUPPORT SYSTEM: Our 3-Sole Support System is specially designed. We use durable, rubber outsole, a flexible, lightweight EVA midsole, and a removable cushioned insole to allow for custom orthopedics and all-day comfort.
- BUILT FOR THE TOUGHEST SITUATIONS: Maelstrom is proud to serve military, law enforcement, security officers and other in the globe. We create high quality tactical and work footwear to keep up with your best performance.
- MAELSTROM BOOTS: We're dedicated to bettering the lives of veterans and military families worldwide, so for every pair of boots sold we donate a portion of proceeds to charity.
Designed from a mixture of leather and other fabrics, the Maelstrom men’s tac force 8-inch zipper tactical boot is another well-designed and stylish boot for boot camp and outdoor environments. These boots feature a high 8-inch design and this will be great for keeping your ankles protected and also promoting a better and more rigid fit.
The outsole has been made from rubber and while this will not only help keep you from slipping, this softer design will also be great for absorbing some of the impacts that you might have to endure on those tougher treks.
The shoes are also lightweight and they feature an athletic-style toe design. This should minimize any possible abrasions and allow you to walk comfortably.
On the inside of the boot, a shock-absorbent cushion has been added and this will be ideal for allowing you to walk with minimal strain on your feet. With these boots, you should also be able to walk or even run longer distances before the fatigue starts setting in on your feet. To ensure you have optimal ventilation, the design does include smaller holes to ensure that your feet can breathe optimally.
In terms of pricing, this is one of the cheaper boots you will find, but in this case, cheaper does not mean bad quality. The boots have a proven record of being extremely durable and they are able of withstanding some of the toughest environments imaginable. We highly recommend these boots as a great bang for your buck.
- Extremely durable
- Slip resistant
- Promotes great ventilation
- Flexible design
- Not waterproof
Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boot
- All Man Made Upper
- Water-Resistant/ Fast-Drying
- Speed Lace Eyelets and Nato Hooks
- EVA/ Rubber Outsole
- 550 Cord Laces
The Rocky brand has been well known for some of the best hiking sandals and they certainly have a lot of experience in the outdoors. The Men’s C4T Tactical boot has been designed with all their outdoor expertise and it is now one of the most comfortable tactical boots you could find. The boots are designed from leather and other fabrics and unlike many other boots; they do not have that rigid and stiff feeling.
The longer design is great for keeping your ankles protected and the softer fabrics will make the boots more flexible to accommodate almost any foot type and various sizes more comfortably. The boots can be laced up in a matter of seconds with the speed eyelids and they also have a water resistant layer that will keep them dry.
Finally, the outsole is also designed from durable rubber and will not wear as easily. The boot also provides near perfect traction and will ensure that you do not slip or stumble on wet or oily surfaces. These boots are a little expensive, but with the Rocky backing, you can be sure that you are investing in quality. We do highly recommend these boots for the quality and the durability.
- Very durable
- Easy to lace up
- Water resistant
- Flexible and moldable
- Quite expensive
Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sports Side-Zip Boot
- YKK side zipper for quick on/off
- Slip resistant rubber outsole
- Durable leather and performance nylon upper
- Moisture wicking, breathable lining
- Removable cushioned insert
The Bates men’s ultra –lites 8-inch tactical sports side-zip boot is regarded as a great hunting boot as well as tactical boots.
The boots do certainly have an intimidating look to them, but they are very flexible and also durable with the leather construction. The boots have been predominantly made from leather and this will push up the durability and allow you to walk through any environment.
On the inside of the boot, you will have a removable and washable insert. This cushioned insole will allow you to walk comfortably without any hassles and it will also absorb some of the shocks that could be placed upon the feet in treacherous environments.
The design of the shoe is different from other tactical boots and this will give you multifunctional use as well. You will be able to wear these boots to work as well.
The outsole is designed from durable rubber and will keep you from slipping on those wet and oily surfaces, but should this happen, the rigid design will also keep your ankles protected and you will be less likely to have muscle or bone damage from falling. You will also have 2 colors to choose from to match your ideal style and wardrobe.
These boots are also quite expensive, but they are highly recommended for the multi-functionality they provide. We do recommend them for the normal worker, hunters and combat purposes. These are the top boots that should keep you going and working for years. Just remember to wash the inner sole to avoid bacterial and foot infections.
- Very durable and lightweight
- Moldable inner sole
- Shock absorbent
- Water and slip resistant
- Quite expensive
5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boot
- Side zip functionality with YKK Zipper hardware, stay tied sausage laces
- Full grain leather and rugged nylon construction and antibacterial and moisture wicking lining
- 5.11 shock mitigation system. Covert tactical pocket
- Semi rigid heel and toe reinforcement, Polished leather toe
- Hypertext lasting board, cushioned insole
The 5.11 ATAC 8-inch men’s boot has been specifically designed for tactical purposes, but it also features a rigid design that will keep the feet protected.
The boots have been made from leather and fabrics, but the hardened leather certainly dominates the construction materials and will ensure that you have great durability.
The longer 8-inch design is ideal for keeping your ankles protected and the added zipper will allow you to easily slip them on and off in a heartbeat. 5.11 shock mitigation systems have been included in the design and this will be great for protecting your feet from shock and also reducing the fatigue while walking.
The boots also feature a moldable cushioned insole and this will definitely make the boots great for all foot types and sizes. The outsole is extremely durable and features a slip resistant designed to keep you on your feet in the wettest of areas.
These boots are definitely high-end and they are really expensive. We do recommend them if you could afford them, but if not, there are cheaper versions that will also hold up well in most combat and hiking situations. The boots are also lightweight and this should be ideal for the minimalist.
- Features a tight and secure fit
- Water and slip resistant
- Moldable inner sole
- Really expensive for the high-end user
Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Tactical Boots
- UA ClutchFit technology wraps your ankle with a lightweight "œsecond skin" for powerful support & incredible feel
- Synthetic leather & textile upper with welded, abrasion resistant film around the perimeter of the foot
- Full length Micro G foam turns cushioned landings into explosive takeoffs
- Lightweight TPU shank for mid foot support & the right amount of rigidity
- Molded Ortholite sockliner is designed with a memory foam top & PU base
Last but certainly not least, we have the Under Armour men’s Valsetz RTS Tactical boots and these boots are some of the most stylish you will find on the market today. The boots have been constructed from synthetic materials and this will be ideal for ensuring that your feet easily fit inside without the longer break in period required by leather boots.
The boots are very lightweight and they feature a stylish mid-cut design. This design will be great for wearing with your current wardrobe selection and the boots have also been tested to be great for hiking outdoors. The inner sole will comfortably mold to the shape of your feet and this will definitely make them great for people with pronated and supinated feet.
These boots are really affordable, but we do have some concerns when it comes to durability of the boots. The boots will be great for newcomers to the tactical combat arena and hunters will also be able to use these boots to improve their walking distance and the amount of fatigue sustained from walking.
- Stylish and flexible design
- Patented moldable insole
- Slip and water resistant
- Really affordable
- Does lack a little in terms of durability
Key Features to Consider When Purchasing the Best Tactical Boots
We believe that you should by now have made a decision from our selection as they really are the best of the best, but if you plan on searching a little deeper, we have to go you covered. This buying guide and selection of features are what we have used to judge these boots by and if you are looking for the top tactical boots, these features should be the criterion that you use to find it.
The main purpose of tactical boots is durability and they should be able to hold up in the toughest of environments. We generally recommend some sort of leather as the base material and while this might lead to a longer break in period, it will also save you money in the long term on new tactical boots.
Tactical boots re usually bought for walking and being on your feet. To do this successfully, the boot should be comfortable. We always recommend the EVA midsole for the moldability it provides, but any decent moldable insole will keep you comfortable while walking those long distances.
We highly recommend a secure fit. Some of the top manufacturers have now also included zips and these zips are great for keeping your feet secure and also providing a tighter fit. A tighter fit will also eliminate any possible ankle damage that might occur and help you to walk much easier.
Water and Slip Resistant
Many of the boots are not water resistant on the list, but they do dry out quite fast. In the tactical combat world, environments can be unpredictable and you should be ready for them all. A slip resistant and water resistant boot will have you ready to withstand all of these environments and ensure that you do stay on your feet in these situations.
As we have already mentioned, the environments are quite different and you might need to jump from time to time. Having a shock absorbent boot will allow you to comfortably jump and it will also reduce the stress placed on your feet from walking. This will in return reduce fatigue and allow you to carry on for longer.
While there might be many more important features, these are the top five we used. Flexibility is important, but with many of the boots rigid, it will not be fair to include this and we believe that it will come down to personal preference. We do suggest that you keep these features in mind as they will definitely allow you to get the best quality tactical boot for your buck.
We would actually like to recommend all of these boots or the value and the quality, but we have thought long and hard and we would like to recommend the Smith & Wesson Breach 2.0 Men’s Tactical Side-Zip Boots as our number one pick. These boots are not only affordable, but they are very high quality and we do believe that they will last you for a long period of time.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we hope you did find your ideal tactical boot. Please let us know in the comment section if we have missed any of your favorites and if you agree with our selection.