Whether you need to walk through streams, expose yourself to ankle-deep water, or traipse through mud, it is important to have an assurance that your feet will stay dry and warm. That holds true especially if you are doing your job in an environment with several risks.
The right protective gear, including work boots with a proper waterproof feature, is paramount to the success of all professionals, not just workers who hold labor-intensive jobs. That said, it is important for you to consider your decision to buy a work boot as a future investment.
It is mainly because the best waterproof work boots can help protect you from injuries while also boosting your efficiency as a worker and professional. To ensure that you’ll be putting your money to good use, here are some of the best waterproof boots for men known for their durability, craftsmanship, and quality:
Top 7 Best Waterproof Work Boots
Wolverine Legend 6-inch Waterproof Comp Toe Work Shoe – Our Pick
- The new Wolverine Dura shocks add comfort into every step so you can power through any job
- A unique cushioning design optimizes comfort with cushioning in the heel and flexibility through the step
- Wolverine h-plate suspension system stabilizes your foot while creating four independently responsive quadrants to harness the energy of your step and propel you forward
This leather boot with waterproofing feature is definitely a great option for any worker wanting to protect themselves from the elements. One nice thing about this work boot is that it looks great while also providing adequate support. With that, I’m a bit sure that it works in preventing ankle roll because it is supportive.
I noticed that it is very comfortable, too, with the integration of the brand’s new Dura shocks. It refers to a completely integrated energy return system, which adds comfort in each step, powering through your job. It’s also built in such a way that it lasts for a long time while also boosting of its excellent performance.
What’s good about Wolverine is that it is known for showcasing timeless craftsmanship and high-quality materials in its work boots. I can say that such is present in the Legend 6-inch Waterproof Comp Toe Work Shoe as well. The work boot also takes pride of its tough construction, meaning it can withstand tough conditions and environments.
Such toughness is paired up with its ability to provide 24/7 comfort. The rubber sole does its job perfectly while its unique cushioning design ensures a well-optimized comfort with enough cushion at the heel. Expect your feet to be stabilized by the h-plate suspension system unique to the brand.
The only problem I noticed is that it is not as breathable as the other Wolverine boots, causing my feet to sweat more than the other shoes offered by the brand.
Things We Liked
- Looks great while offering adequate support
- Comfortable, thanks to the Dura shocks built into it
- Tough construction, making it withstand tough conditions and environments
- Sports a unique cushioning design, maximizing comfort
- H-plate suspension system designed to stabilize your feet
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not as breathable as other Wolverine boots
Still, it makes a valuable investment because of the high level of protection and comfort it offers.
KEEN Utility Warren WP Work Boot
- Left and right asymmetrical steel toes
- KEEN.Dry waterproof, breathable membrane
- Nubuck waterproof leather upper
- Removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed
- Meets ASTM F2412-11 F2413-11 I/75 C/75 EH and F1677-96 Mark II non-slip standards
With KEEN Utility Warren WP Work Boot, I can give you an assurance that you can prepare yourself for a hard day at work. It sports a non-marking rubber outsole, which also makes it effective in resisting possible slips. Such outsole is also designed in such a way that it gives you an unmatched stability for work.
To ensure that your feet stay dry, it has an upper constructed from waterproof Nubuck leather. I also noticed that KEEN integrated a waterproof and breathable membrane into the shoe. There is also a thermoplastic polyurethane shank, which promotes a high midfoot support.
In addition, I like the built-in dual-density EVA footbed as it is also metatomical, ensuring that it offers a high cushioned comfort. With the molded Keen.Protect reinforcements integrated into the shoe’s outsole, I can guarantee that there’s something that can resist impact and abrasion, thereby preventing potential injuries.
It has a protective asymmetrical steel toe cap, as well as a 90-degree heel, giving you the support and security needed to complete the job. Another remarkable feature of this work boot is the Cleansport NXT, which makes use of a probiotic technology designed to offer a natural and non-toxic odor control.
One downside I noticed is that it is quite narrow. In addition, there’s a chance for the upper foam to get cracks that might result in significant water infiltration.
Things We Liked
- Sports a non-marking rubber outsole, which also offering unmatched stability and resisting slips
- Waterproof Nubuck leather used for its upper
- Waterproof and breathable membrane
- Superior midfoot support provided by the boot’s thermoplastic polyurethane shank
- Well-cushioned comfort provided by its dual-density EVA footbed
- Ultimate protection offered by the asymmetrical steel toe cap
Things We Didn’t Like
- Quite narrow
- Upper foam might get cracks over time
The solid construction, superior comfort and protection, and stability are among the many things that make up the KEEN Utility Warren WP Work Boot, making it worthwhile to invest in.
Timberland PRO Hyperion Waterproof Work Boot – Our Pick
- CONQUER THE JOB SITE: Designed for a generous fit, with reinforced leather & rubber on high-wear areas & our exclusive anti-fatigue comfort technology, our Hyperion work boots were made to scale ladders, tread through water & oil and conquer any job site.
- TIMBERLAND PRO 24/7 COMFORT SYSTEM: A comfort system that helps reduce foot fatigue, supports the arch and cushions every step.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection—all day long—from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
- Premium leather upper with waterproof membrane, breathable moisture-wicking lining with treatment and Vibram outsole for enhanced durability and traction
Timberland also built a footwear to protect wearers from harsh elements in the form of the Pro Hyperion Waterproof Work Boot with an all-leather construction. I think that it works efficiently as a durable hiker boot, which also features a high-quality upper that can resist abrasion. It also has a waterproof membrane, which works efficiently.
Another thing I find amazing in this boot is the Vibram sole. I think that the built-in alloy safety toe cap is also beneficial as it offers lightweight protection while also fitting perfectly and generously. There is a lightweight molded EVA midsole guaranteed to offer an excellent athletic performance.
I also noticed the ability of the boot to promote instant lacing customization, thanks to the dual-purpose top that it has. The good thing about this popular Timberland work boot is that it also utilizes an anti-fatigue technology for its comfort system. Such technology works in absorbing shocks while also returning energy into key zones.
The result is increased stamina and strength. I also love the boot’s contoured insole. It works efficiently in maximizing support, especially in key pressure points as well as impact zones, such as the ball of your feet and the heel.
One problem with the boot is that its weight is heavier than the other Timberland shoes. That said, it is not suitable for those working for more than ten hours daily.
Things We Liked
- Durable and tough all-leather construction
- Sports a high-quality upper, which is impact and abrasion-resistant
- Built-in alloy toe cap offers lightweight protection and perfect and generous fit
- Instant lacing customization stimulated by its dual-purpose top
- Shock-absorbent – thanks to its anti-fatigue technology
- Features a contoured insole
Things We Didn’t Like
- Not that suitable for those who work for more than ten hours every day because it is heavier than other Timberland boots
With Timberland PRO Hyperion Waterproof Work Boot, you’ll get a protective and waterproof footwear designed to give you superior comfort when you’re at work.
Caterpillar Diagnostic Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boots for Men – Runner Up
- Insulated work boot in waterproof leather featuring antiqued lacing hardware and contrast tone at toe and collar
- 200g Thinsulate insulation
- Steel toe
- Removable EVA foam insert with gel technology
I also recommend Caterpillar Diagnostic Waterproof Steel Toe Work Boot for anyone searching for the best waterproof work boots for men. I think it is a good choice because it is designed in such a way that it supports your feet’s natural movement.
With that, expect it to promote anatomical accuracy when it comes to enhancing comfort, flexibility, and stability. One thing I really love about this work boot is it is stylish without compromising its comfort and durability. Rest assured that it will still work hard whether you use it on or off the workplace.
It is mainly constructed from waterproof leather while also having more than enough insulation. In addition, it takes pride of its antiqued lacing hardware. I also noticed that there is a contrast tone featured by its collar and toe. The steel toe cap is built in such a way that you’ll be fully protected from various elements.
A removable EVA foam insert is also integrated into the footwear, making it as comfortable as possible. There is superior forefoot flexibility while also ensuring that your toe up to the heel can take advantage of the waterproofing feature. It feels good so wearing it for long hours will never be a problem.
One problem with this boot is that it’s a bit warm inside and lacking in terms of breathability, causing your feet to sweat.
Things We Liked
- Built in a way that it supports the natural movement of your feet
- Enhanced comfort, flexibility, and stability – promoting anatomical accuracy
- Stylish yet remaining comfortable and durable
- Waterproof leather used on its main construction
- Promotes superior forefoot flexibility
- Steel toe cap for ultimate protection
Things We Didn’t Like
- Quite warm inside and lacks breathability
With all the valuable features present in the Caterpillar Diagnostic Waterproof Steel-Toe Work Boot, it’s indeed a protective and tough boot designed to give you the comfort and support you need the entire day.
Thorogood American Heritage Wedge Mens Waterproof Boots
- Removable Ultimate Shock Absorption footbed on Poron comfort cushion insole
- Fiberglass shank
- MAXWear Wedge slip resistant outsole
- Goodyear welt construction
- Tobacco Oil-Tanned 814-4009, full-grain leather
Thorogood American Heritage Wedge 8-inch Waterproof Boot is also a great option for a waterproof boot as it promotes comfort in each stride. It is shock-absorbent, which ensures that you can prevent painful stubs and uncomfortable bumps while also receiving more than enough protection.
I also noticed that presence of the fiberglass shank in this boot, which is effective in providing adequate support and maximum stability. I like the rubber wedge outer sole built into the boot as it offers traction when necessary. Such sole also ensures that you stay sure-footed without the risk of slips.
It is a stylish waterproof work boot constructed from oil-tanned leather while being designed in such a way that it works for the hard-working man. It features a Sympatex waterproof barrier system, too. There is also a tough Goodyear welt construction, which is effective in making the boot as stable as possible.
There is also a cotton drill vamp lining created to promote maximum comfort. The synthetic nom-marking sole also ensures that there is an impressive traction while also resisting possible slips. It is totally comfortable, making it ideal for long hour wear.
The heavy-duty outsole is also designed in such a way that your needed grip is provided on slippery surfaces.
One potential problem, though, is that the seams at the base tend to wear out and come apart faster than initially expected.
Things We Liked
- Offers comfort in each stride
- Shock-absorbent, preventing pain and discomfort, especially when used in the workplace
- Fiberglass shank designed to offer maximum stability and superior support
- Superior traction provided by the rubber wedge outer sole
- Cotton drill vamp lining guarantees maximum comfort
- Ideal for long hour wear
Things We Didn’t Like
- Seams found at the base are less durable than expected
Thorogood American Heritage Wedge 8-inch Waterproof Boot is designed to be tough and sturdy with plenty of additional safety features, so it’s safe to use for different kinds of workers and professionals, including industrial employees, electrical engineers, and construction workers.
Danner Quarry USA 8-Inch BR Work Boot
- To ensure its quality, we put our leather through nine different tests before making our selection. Our full-grain leathers are the strongest and most durable form of leather.
- 100% waterproof and breathable, GORE-TEX liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Hyper-strong thread is used to triple stitch our toughest boots.
I also highly suggest the Danner Quarry USA 8-inch BR Work Boot if you’re in search of ultimate protection and waterproofing ability from your work boot. I like the new Quarry outsole present in the boot. It also has an upgraded midsole, which I find really beneficial because it turns into a single solid piece designed to promote longevity.
Made of 100% genuine leather, I can assure you that the boot is built to last. It also offers immediate comfort – thanks to the built-in collar liner. The re-engineered positioning of the boot’s triple stitching is also a big help in reducing wear and tear. The Quarry used in this work boot is also designed to offer a perfect fit and great feel.
The boot promotes a snug fit, which you will most likely notice through the heel. The versatile fit guaranteed by the footwear also promotes ample toe room, allowing more convenient movements. Excellent support can also be expected from this work boot.
What I find even more admirable about this boot is the gore-tex liner designed to make it waterproof and breathable. With this, there’s an assurance that your feet will stay comfortable and dry. The triple-stitched construction also means that it promotes a high level of endurance.
The upper made of full-grain leather also showcases a classical design, offering impressive protection. There’s also a handcrafted stitch-down construction, making it possible for the boot to increase underfoot stability with the aid of its wide platform.
The toe box is quite tight for those with wide feet, though.
Things We Liked
- High level of protection and waterproofing ability
- Sports a new Quarry outsole
- Midsole is upgraded into just one solid piece, making it long-lasting
- Built-in collar liner designed to offer maximum comfort
- Excellent and impressive support
- Boasts of a waterproof and breathable gore-tex liner
Things We Didn’t Like
- Quite tight in the toe box for those who have wide feet
Danner Quarry USA 8-Inch BR Work Boot is built with the wearers and users in mind. That said, expect the boot to have well-crafted, functional, and valuable features designed to make it as tough and protective as possible.
Timberland PRO Rigmaster Steel-Toe 8-inch Waterproof Work Boot
- Anti-Fatigue technology polyurethane footbed for shock absorption and energy return
- Premiuim full-grain waterproof leather and abrasion-resistant Ever-Guard leather with a waterproof membrane
- Electrical hazard protection
If you want to remain comfortable and safe when you’re in the workplace, then the Timberland PRO Rigmaster Steel Toe 8-inch Waterproof Work Boot can do a pretty good job. It is a leather boot, which somehow guarantees its toughness and durability. The 1.5-inch heel is just enough to let you move and work without discomfort.
This mid-cut work boot also sports a waterproof leather upper, which also comes with a steel toe integrated into a TiTan last, increasing its level of protection. The rubber outsole can resist oil and abrasion. I also find the footbed impressive because it makes use of an anti-fatigue technology with extra cushion.
I also like the ease involved in putting it on and taking it off – thanks to the quick and easy to release lacing and hardware. There is a guarantee that you’ll stay dry all throughout the time you wear it because of the waterproof membrane as well as the Agion antimicrobial treatment designed to control moisture.
You’ll stay safe with the steel safety toe cap, slip, oil and abrasion-resistance, anti-fatigue technology integrated into the footbed, and the superior electrical hazard protection. Impressive traction can also be guaranteed by its polyurethane outsole.
Due to the plenty of padding integrated into the boot, there’s a chance for it to get too warm inside when worn in extremely warm temperatures.
Things We Liked
- Guaranteed toughness and durability – thanks to the leather construction
- Mid-cut design, which also comes with a waterproof leather
- Steel toe, providing as much protection as possible
- Impressive footbed – thanks to the anti-fatigue technology and extra cushion
- Sports a quick and easy to release lacing and hardware
- Features a waterproof membrane and anti-microbial treatment for proper moisture control
Things We Didn’t Like
- Warm in the interiors when worn during extremely warm temperatures
Known for superior durability, protection, and craftsmanship, Timberland really did a great job in constructing the Timberland PRO Rigmaster Steel-Toe 8-inch Waterproof Work Boot.
How to Choose the Best Waterproof Work Boots?
Finding the ideal waterproof footwear to use in the workplace is easy if you consider the following:
Go for a durable boot, which guarantees to last a long time. It should be ideal for longer duration wearing. The good news is that most work boots that are 100% waterproof work boots are highly durable, thereby giving you the highest return on your investment.
Aside from the waterproofing feature, it is also a must to figure out how comfortable the shoe is prior to buying. Comfort is essential especially if you plan to wear it in the workplace for an extended period of time. Maximum safety should also be provided by the shoe as well as high level of comfort.
It should not cause you to experience aching feet. The best way to figure out whether the shoe is comfortable is the amount of cushion integrated into its interiors. The shoe should have an extra cushion while being shock and impact absorbent. Go for one with features designed to maximize comfort even when used for long periods at work.
Look for a waterproof work boot, which also has an adequate amount of insulation. The interior should be well-insulated to ensure that it can handle the cold as well as other extreme weather conditions. Proper insulation and waterproofing ability ensure that your feet will stay warm and dry.
Your waterproof work boot should also have a high level of stability. With maximum stability, you can reduce your risk of sliding around the ground or falling down. A stable shoe can reduce your chances of experiencing injuries or accidents at work.
You know that you’re getting a stable and safe waterproof shoe if it comes with slip-resistant outsoles and tread.
Ideal Shaft Height
The shaft should also have the most comfortable and ideal height that meet your specific needs. It should just have the right height in the sense that it can provide the right support to your ankle while also protecting your lower leg from possible dangers. Such should also promote comfort even for long work hours.
Proper fit is also one of the most vital aspects of a waterproof boot. It should fit perfectly in the sense that it is not too snug nor too loose. It should conform to the natural shape of your feet. The fit is crucial in preventing soreness, blisters, and rubbing.
It is important to examine the sole of the boot, too. The boot should have a proper sole or a cushioned insert, which is a big help when working on hard surfaces. It should not cause any unnecessary pain. Instead, it should give your feet with more than enough support, thereby alleviating pressure from hard surfaces.
The specific terrain where you constantly expose yourself to particularly your feet is also a major contributor in your decision. For instance, if you work as a fireman or logger, requiring you to handle tasks in rocky surfaces and the mountains, then additional traction and support are essential.
It should have additional slip-resistance feature and traction designed to help you stay on your feet while also preventing injuries possibly caused by slips. A waterproof boot with an adequate shank is also a bit help in reducing your risk of suffering from a twisted ankle.
The best waterproof work boots review can definitely up your performance at work as it lets you feel like you can do your best at work without worrying about your safety. By investing in a waterproof footwear, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have more than enough protection from the elements.