When it comes to personal hygiene at home, there is a lot you can do to stop Bactria from spreading and protect your family. It all starts with quality hand soap. It is important to keep one by every sink in your home, so before handling food or after using the bathroom, you have something to hand.
There used to be a limited choice when it came to bathroom products, but the industry is now huge. Whilst this is great for the consumer in some ways, it can be hard to tell which hand soap is going to be kind on the skin, made with minimal to zero harsh chemicals, and will kill bacteria. The products on our list of the top ten hand soaps are all going to be worth your attention.
Our Top Picks for the Best Hand Soaps
Puracy Natural Liquid Hand Soap
- The Puracy Difference: Join the 10+ million enjoying our award-winning, plant-powered formulas
- 99.09% Natural for Softer, Healthier Skin: Thick, honey-like consistency quickly creates mounds of foam while naturally moisturizing and softening your skin; Pure, premium ingredients won’t clog your soap dispenser; Developed & Formulated by Doctors: Fortified with Vitamin E, Sea Salt, and Aloe Vera to naturally hydrate and balance all skin types
A natural hand soap that is tough on bacteria but great for your skin, Puracy has a reputation for this sort of thing. The pleasant vanilla and lavender scent is not overbearing but will mask other smells with their plant-based formula. Free-from sulfates and enriched with Vitamin E and aloe vera, it naturally hydrates the skin of all types. The non-toxic ingredients are gluten-free, made without harsh chemicals, and never tested on animals, so it is hard not to like their approach to making quality hand soap. It rinses easily after you wash the lather to leave your hands feeling soft.
Mrs. Meyer’s Hand Soap Lemon Verbena
- Hard-working, non-drying soap for busy hands
- Hand soap made with essential oils, aloe vera, olive oil, and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients
Affordable hand soap and great value in this triple pack that will last a long time. You get a lot of choices when it comes to this brand; depending on your preference, you can purchase lemon verbena, parsley, apple, rhubarb, and more. It isn’t greasy and comes from 98% plant-sourced ingredients, which are kinder on your hands. What most people seem to like is that it is free from parabens, sulfates, and DEA. Even though it is largely natural, it is as tough on bacteria as most brands and is never tested on animals.
Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap, Fresh Breeze
- Light, fresh scented liquid hand soap
- Wash hands often for good hand hygiene.Paraben free and formulated without phthalates
A reputable brand and a pleasant aroma, an almost unbeatable combination from the start. It forms a rich lather that is gentle on the hands and leaves them feeling soft after drying. Part of why they are so popular is that they are reasonably priced. You can get a six-pack for a fraction of the cost of one high-end soap. The formula washes away dirt and bacteria, keeping all the hands in your home safe. With light moisturizers to keep things soft, it is no surprise that this is such a popular hand soap.
Dr. Bronner’s – Organic Sugar Soap
- USDA ORGANIC & FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS: Fair trade & organic sugar combined with organic shikakai powder keeps your skin nourished, hydrated & smooth. Organic coconut-olive-hemp oils blend for a creamy castile lather—our soapmaking tradition!
- HEAVENLY SCENTS: Pure essential oils and organic sugar make for a delightful aroma. An elegant addition to your bath and kitchen—Organic Sugar Soaps are good for washing hands, face, body & hair! Follow with Citrus Hair Rinse for silky smooth hair.
This is the sort of luxurious soap you may have tried at a friend’s house and wanted for your own. The pleasant scent of organic oils combines to create a pleasant hand soap that can be used on your face, body, and hair. It leaves the hands feeling nourished and hydrated without drying them out, and they do not use synthetic ingredients. Dr. Bronner’s seem proud of the fact that their ingredients are easy to pronounce, rather than using chemicals, and so they should be! Kind of environment and cruelty-free, it’s even presented in a recycled plastic bottle.
Yardley London English Lavender Hand Soap
With the soft scent of English lavender, this hand soap is the sort of product that feels as good as it sounds. Plenty of moisturizers soften the skin, leaving it feeling smooth after drying. You get good value from this product as the 3 pack won’t break the bank, and it still has shades of a luxury product. The ingredient profile isn’t as natural or organic as a lot of the competition, but it is certainly cleansed and rubbed into a creamy lather.
Bath and Body Works Classic Kitchen Favorites
If you’re looking for a set of hand soaps to give as a gift, then the variety in this pack makes it a great present. The scents include kitchen lemon, peach Bellini, and French lavender, among others. They all include vitamin E for extra nourishment and aloe, which helps to form a rich, creamy lather that your hands will appreciate long after they have dried. Known for being one of the most popular brands in America, they are known for offering high-quality soaps, and they don’t dry out even sensitive skin.
Method Foaming Hand Soap, Sweet Water
- Contains (6) 10 ounce bottles of foaming hand soap
- Foaming hand wash with plant-based cleansers.
You could be forgiven for being cautious when seeing a hand soap with a sweet water scent, but this is not just sugar in a bottle. The ingredients are naturally derived, biodegradable and deionized for added purity. The plastic bottle is 100% recycled, and when you wash off the bubbly lather, it leaves you feeling soft to the touch. It’s eco-friendly yet affordable and doesn’t dry out your hands but what might be most appealing is its value for money. Because you are getting six, you can spread them around your home to share the sweet scent and cleanliness.
Dial Complete 2 In 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash
- 3 in 1 BENEFIT: This 2 in 1 moisturizing and antibacterial formula contains 2x moisturizing ingredients and kills 99.99% of bacteria encountered in household settings.
- RICH, CREAMY LATHER: Experience the luxurious foam with Dial Complete 2 in 1 hand soap for rich, creamy lather that your hands will love.
This moisturizing hand washes foams as you rub them in for a rich lather and is known for being one of the best antibacterial hand soaps available. The multipack includes 5 pump activated hand soaps that offer great value for money and can be placed in all your bathrooms and the kitchen. It kills 99.99% of bacteria which is music to most parent ears whilst remaining kind on hands thanks to the two moisturizing ingredients. Instead of drying out skin, this soap hydrates it and keeps your hands protected from most household bacteria.
Compagnie de Provence Savon de Marseille
- USES ✓ Natural exfoliating liquid hand soap, hand wash, and body wash
- SIZE ✓ 16.7 Fl Oz glass bottle (pump dispenser); AUTHENTIC ✓ French Savon de Marseille Extra Pure exfoliating hand soap
Quality liquid hand soap is a favorite for many households and knows for having a pleasing scent. In the ground, olive stones exfoliate the skin and can even be used as a body wash. Many people use it on their face to help it look revitalized, and it is made from 98% natural ingredients. Some of the most impressive items on the label include sweet almond oil, grape seed oil, and olive oil, to name a few. It leaves skin with a soft glow and does not contain parabens, coloring agents, or animal fats.
EO Botanical Liquid Hand Soap
- Contains (1) 12 Ounce Bottles of EO Hand Soap
- Gentle coconut cleansers are combined with pure essential oils, delivering the beautiful benefits of aromatherapy to your bathroom and kitchen sink
It’s always good when your number ten product is still ridiculously good and high in quality as this is. Some people would argue this should be a lot higher which shows you how many good products we have in store. Made with cleansing coconut and combined with essential oils, the ingredients are luxurious and smell great. This is because of the peppermint and tea tree aroma. It is eco-friendly as it is cruelty-free, GMO-free, paragon-free, gluten-free, and sulfate-free. Made with organic ingredients and gentle on the hands, it would make a great addition to any home.